- This event has passed.
Risk Management for Programs Serving Children – Wayfind
April 25 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join for this new legal training on the important and sensitive issue of keeping children safe while in the care of programs intended to serve them and minimizing liability for the organizations who serve children. Preventing sexual and other misconduct in programs that are intended to serve children and keep them safe requires intentional practices of having the right policies in place and following those policies. These policies can include who and how you hire employees and volunteers, how you train your employees and volunteers, complying with mandatory reporting laws, and how you communicate with families.
This training will cover the risks involved when serving children, prevention of sexual and other misconduct, including appropriate policies, social media use, insurance coverage, releases, and legal compliance requirements. We will answer the following questions:
- How do we keep our organization safe for children and families?
- How do we protect our organization from liability in our work with children?
- What do we do if the children in our programs are misuing social media?
- What are the elements of a good internal policy for our employees and volunteers who work with children
- When are background checks required and who should be checked?
This training is intended for organizations that serve children and families, including:
- Youth Sports Programs
- Out of School Time Programs
- Summer Camps
This training is also intended for lawyers who advise organizations that serve children and will offer 2 CLE credits, pending approval.
Location: Wayfind Office, The Alliance Building 515 W. Harrison Street, Suite 208, Kent, WA
Online registration: Wayfindlegal.org/events